Monday, August 1, 2011

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. :)

So, I found out last week that I will be leaving on August 11th! Which means that I only have 10 days left in America!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!! When, I found this out, I will admit that I was pretty disappointed that I wasn't leaving sooner. However, I am realizing that when our Rotary peeps told us to always keep the saying, "Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape" in mind, they even meant before your exchange! Who would have thought?! ;)
Irregardless,  I AM LEAVING IN TEN DAYS!!!!! I can tell you right now, that these next few days will be the longest and the quickest days of my life. Filled with almost every emotion you can think of and a to-do list the size of Brazil ;).
And now for the details. I leave SeaTac airport at 9:30 a.m. on the 11th. I will then fly to Detroit (arriving at 4:45 p.m.) and have a three hour layover there, and then depart for Sao Paulo, Brazil at 7:50 p.m.! Now here comes the biggie...I will arrive in Sao Paulo at 7:20 a.m on the 12th! In other words, I will be a plane for 12 hours at one time!!! Thankfully, a friend gave me a sudoku book, so I'll be pretty content :) After a 5 hour layover in Sao Paulo, I will fly directly into Belo Horizonte arriving 1:15 p.m. on August 12th! After almost 31 hours of traveling (including the 3 hours at SeaTac before I go) I will be ready to start this wonderful journey that I have been waiting for for months!
Thank you to everyone who has helped get me here! To all my family, friends, and Rotarians, you have been so supportive, and that has meant the world to me! And to my dear parents, you two have been the best parents any exchange student could ask for. Words can't describe how incredibly blessed I am to be your daughter. Thanks for everything Mom and Dad. "We're really doing it lil' buddy!"

So, now the good-byes are beginning and the excitement is growing! I am ready to get this show on the road!

Tcahu tchau!

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment