Friday, February 3, 2012

British philosopher Alan Watts once said...

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."

So with that said, guess who is moving families today? To be honest it's a strange feeling knowing that I'm moving. It has created a mixture of sadness, nervousness, and excitement. I am sad to be leaving an awesome family that I was so fortunate to stay with for the past five and a half months; and the nerves are starting to kick in now as I finish up packing. (Also, guess who will be coming home with another full suitcase in 5 months? I really thought that my two suitcases and backpack would be enough...psh...looks like I was wrong.)

Anyway, to Helio, Luciana, Teresa, Hudson, and the rest of the family...

OBRIGADA!!!!! Honestamente, não sei como agradecer por tudo. Vocês me fizeram sentir muito bem-vindos e em casa. Vou sentir muitas saudades de vocês!! Oh, e uma mais coisa...vê-lo em Washington para a Copa do Mundo de 2014! :)

So although I will miss this family, I very much look forward to the future with my next. My new family seems so so nice and ready to welcome me with open arms. Really, I don't know how I got so lucky with host-families.

Sorry for the very quick update, but I promise a more detailed one is to come soon! For now, I need to get back to packing so I can actually move!

Abraços e beijos
(Hugs and kisses)

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment