Thursday, October 13, 2011

No way?!?!

I have been in Brazil for two months!!!!!! It really doesn't seem like that is possible! One minute I am stepping off the plane, and the next I am walking around the city and acutally knowing where I am, speaking fluent Portuguese. (Just kidding about the Portuguese...I'm definitely not fluent yet!) :) I have loved these past few months. And each day I feel so lucky to be here.

Here is my last few months in numbers :)

1.5 journals filled (I think I have enough material to write a book when I get back ;))

2 pairs of Havaianas purchased

2 pairs of new Brazilian high heels

About 2 kilos gained :/...however, my explanation is that in about 9 months I won't be eating this delicious food everyday....so I need to stock up now :)

716 pictures taken

6 Musuems/art galleries visited (thanks to my wonderful grandparents here. After almost every Rotary meeting, the three of us go to one)

Countless memories made :)

and....

1 extremely happy exchange student who has loved being here and looks forward to the next 9 months. :)

Just a quick update of what I have done these past couple days. On the 11th, I went to a jazz bar with my host parents and sister and some of their friends. It was a lot of fun! As we were walking in, I could hear the song "The Way You Look Tonight" (one of my all time favorites I might add), and from that point on, I knew that I would really like this place. The rest of the evening was filled with Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, and a couple Beatles songs. I think my family was a little surprised as I knew almost all the words to all the songs. I definitley want to go back. :) Then yesterday, more people came over to the house for another "jam session". Yesterday was a holiday (Children's day), so we had the day off, and I have today and tomorrow off of school too! Yet again, it was another fun afternoon filled with good music, good food, and fun people. Later that night, Lakshmi (my sister) let me go out with her to celebrate a friend of her's birthday. And although we didn't get back home at 5 a.m. like the last time I went out (thank God!), I had a really good time!

Life is good :)

Bejos,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment